Add Prominent Brows To Your Gorgeous Looks With Brow Microblading Services
Microblading101 – What It Is And How It’s Done
Microblading is a technique used to give light eyebrows a fuller and more defined form. The process involves making several strokes across the eyebrow skin with a fine blade. The strokes match the direction and texture of your natural hair, and implants pigments into your skin giving you the look you’ve been craving for.
The process involves shaping the area first and threading out any extra hair to prep the skin for treatment. Next, a numbing cream is applied to make the process painless. After that, special tools are used to take precise measurements of the area our specialist will be focusing on so that your brows suit your natural face shape perfectly.
Finally, the needling process is carried out where cuts are made on the surface of the skin with the help of a blade to deposit the selected pigment. When everything is done, a final layer of pigment is added to seal the look and voila—stunning eyebrows! If you’re located in Long Island or Nassau County, reach out to us today to get started with your sessions.
Microblading is a semi-permanent tattoo for those with thinning eyebrows. A very fine blade is used to deposit color matched pigment directly into the upper layers of the skin, leaving the strokes appearing fine and crisp. The results blend in so beautifully with your natural brows in which they are camouflaged. The Microblade glides with gentle pressure over the skin and causes a fine cut ( similar to a papercut). Microblading is a cosmetic procedure using iron oxide pigments that fade over time and are naturally absorbed by the skin, and results will appear softer over time. The treatment is a 2 part process with a primary appointment and a complimentary touch-up approximatly 4-6 weeks later. Results can last up to one year, so maintenance appointments ( referred to as touch-ups or color boost) are recommended.
Typically 90 minutes, but you are scheduled in for a 2 hour time slot to ensure we are never rushed. The majority of the appointment is spent numbing the brow area, answering all of your questions, mapping and drawing your new brow shape, deciding on color and discussing your aftercare.
Pain threshold will vary with clients. We take necessary precautions to ensure you are as comfortable as possible during the procedure. A strong topical anesthetic cream is used prior to numb the area, and an even stronger liquid anesthetic is used during the treatment once the skin has been opened if the client should continue to feel discomfort.
Microblading may NOT be suitable for certain clients who are:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Diabetes / Hepatitis
- Under 18 years of age
- Skin diseases, such as psoriasis, eczema, rashes or blisters near the treated area
- Allergies to makeup and lidocaine ( topical anesthetic)
- Blood thinners
- High blood pressure
The color immediately after the procedure will appear darker and very sharp, but will soften and fade 30% in color as they heal. The final result of your new brows should not be considered for at least 3-4 weeks after the final visit.
MICROBLADING PRE-CARE TIPS
- Refrain from consuming alcohol 24 hours before procedure.
- Limit caffeine intake prior to your appointment
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Ibuprofen or Fish Oil 24 hours before procedure.
- Do take Tylenol 30 minutes before to alleviate discomfort (optional).
- Note: If you are on your menstrual cycle you will be much more sensitive and it is not recommended to book during those days.
MICROBLADING POST- CARE TIPS
- Day of treatment: Gently blot the area with a clean tissue to absorb excess lymph fluid. Repeat this step several time during the day to prevent hardening buildup of lymph on the treated area.
- Days 1-7: Maintain moisture on your brows with the aftercare gel and/ or ointment, which we provide you with in your aftercare package ( instructions included).
- Avoid harsh soaps, facial cleansers, makeup and sunscreen on brows until the skin appears healed and smooth.
- Do NOT over apply aftercare gel, as this will suffocate your skin and delay healing.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days post procedure.
- Avoid excess water, steam and exercise for 1 week after procedure.
- Do NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area ( doing so may result in scarring and pigment loss).